Olympus colours vs DxO deepPrime?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jappie52 Regular Member • Posts: 188
Olympus colours vs DxO deepPrime?

Some time ago I bought a mint Olympus E-P2, as I was curious about the colours you can get from the old 12MP sensor AND I thought I could easily deal with the noise using DxO deepPrime.

However, so far I haven't found a way to get both. To get and keep the Olympus colours, you need to shoot jpeg or use Olympus Workspace. From the latter you can only export as tiff or jpeg, and deepPrime doesn't work with those formats.
On the other hand, from DxO you can export in DNG with only deepPrime noise reduction applied, but Workspace doesn't read DNG. In all other cases you get DxO colours, which are sometimes completely off (compared to). In some cases and with some work you can get the DxO colours to come close to the ones from Olympus, but when you apply the same settings to another image of another scene, the result often is even more off.

So is it indeed either one or the other, or did someone find a way to get the best of both worlds? BTW I'm not interested in any other raw converter.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus PEN E-P2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow