Is anybody going to use the 40 mm f2 on the Z50/Zfc?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
goactive Senior Member • Posts: 2,089
Re: Is anybody going to use the 40 mm f2 on the Z50/Zfc?

You would be better off getting the new 24mm as it is a 42 on a DX and then if you get a FF you then get the full 28mm.

I have both the Z6 and Z50 so the 28mm is what i will be buying at some point or i might just get the wide 14-30 zoom f4 to get a even better range.

Then on my Z50 it will be around a 21-45 still quite wide on the Z50 for a smaller walk around camera with a little bit of zoom.

With wide lens like this and the new 40mm the background blur is never going to be that good vs using a zoom so the f2 is no big deal as in lower light the z cams are so so clean in higher ISO its not  a problem if its just f4.

We shot part of yesterdays wedding we did at F4 and 2500 ISO on the Z6 with no problem.

-- hide signature --

Started shooting digital back with the first 2MP cameras. Over 20 cameras later still going. I shoot family and people portraits, weddings, Sports and a little of everything.

goactive's gear list:goactive's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +23 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow