STD (Provia) vs Velvia

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bs1946
bs1946 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,001
STD (Provia) vs Velvia

I decided to set my new X100S up for Film Simulation Bracketing. I set it for STD (Provia), Velvia, and B&W. Then I took some shots at the fairly new Wahlburgers at MGM Grand in Springfield, Massachusetts today.

WB and DR were set to Auto. ISO set to Auto 200, 800,100/s and everything else at zero. Aperture priority at ISO 200, f5.6, 0 EV, ¼ sec.

Looking on my monitor and even before I downloaded these, on the LCD I don't see any significant difference between the two color shots except going back and forth, the overall Provia image is a hair darker overall than the Velvia image, but the colors, especially the green chairs, look identical. If I didn't know the order in the Film Simulation Bracketing, which I double checked after seeing the results, I would not know the difference between the two. Am I missing something here?

-- hide signature --

Bill S.
www.flickr.com/photos/wrs1946
“If your pictures aren't good enough, you aren't close enough”
? Robert Cappa ?

bs1946's gear list:bs1946's gear list
Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Tokina atx-m 33mm F1.4 X
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow