What has gone wrong in this picture?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Amadeus21 Senior Member • Posts: 1,090
Re: What has gone wrong in this picture?

I have experimented a while with the downloaded picture. At least from the times of SD10 and SD14 I remember, that Foveon had some difficulties with skin tones. There where even PSD level tool presets to correct the yellowish, unhealthy skin tones of so called "white" people.

Here in that picture there seems to be a special situation. Whatever I correct with PSD – the reds in the picture, e.g. the border and bank of the boat get even more red! and so does the skin of that boy. Furthermore I tried to get a "neutral grey" out of the picture with the pipette (eye dropper?) tool (the metal plate in the foreground, certain areas of the dirty pullover of the boy) – the reds grew even more red and the skin of the boy surreal.

Now I got the impression, that the boy may have in fact that skin tone, because he has to work in very chemical conditions or with some really bad liquids, which dye the whole body (even the toenails). The skin in his face may indicate a skin disease via the bulges... That would be very deplorable and sad.

-- hide signature --

Johannes

Amadeus21's gear list:Amadeus21's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sigma SD1 Merrill
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow