To use OneDrive or not?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Flycaster
Flycaster Senior Member • Posts: 1,845
To use OneDrive or not?

I have OneDrive ($2/month 100GB storage-set up at the recommendation of the guy who helped set up this new computer) on my windows 10 PC. The PC has both a SSD (512MB) and a HDD (1TB), with files/folders on the HDD (D drive) and programs on the SSD (C drive). OneDrive is on the SSD. I have Pictures and Documents in One Drive. Although I have read and looked at a few tutorials, I still have a few questions to see or learn how to use OneDrive correctly

Given:

1. The C drive Picture folder has been moved to the D drive.

2. All pictures from the D drive Picture folder have been copied onto the C drive OneDrive.

3. From the OneDrive browser site and the C drive OneDrive folder, I can see all my pictures. So I guess I've done this right?

Questions:

1. Am I duplicating picture storage on the PC? That is, I know that the pictures in the D drive Picture folder take up storage, but what about the pictures in the C drive OneDrive? Probably not as they are probably just links to the OneDrive cloud???

2. If I can move the C drive OneDrive to the D drive, does this make sense?

Given:

1. I have a 1TB Seagate Slim external HD

2. Being retired and just a photo hobbyist (with no iPhone), I probably will never have more than around 200-300 GB of pictures and files...at the most.

Question:

1. Does it make sense for me to keep the Cloud for $2/mo? The $ is not the issue.

Thanks.

Flycaster's gear list:Flycaster's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD850 IS Olympus Tough TG-2 Panasonic FZ1000
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow