Buying a dedicated camera bag for the first time?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
yardcoyote Forum Pro • Posts: 13,918
Buying a dedicated camera bag for the first time?

Or for the first time since the little Tamrac box bag I had in the late 70s or very early 80s. I rapidly became a "wrap it in an old T-shirt and toss it in your knapsack" kind of shooter, with occasional dabbling in cases for small cameras and camera bag inserts for bigger ones. But I had a bit of a scare this weekend (no harm done, but it was just luck that it wasn't) and now I am thinking of trying a dedicated camera bag for the first time in the digital era.

I've decided to start modestly, with a walkaround/ light travel sized bag. It will have to hold one medium sized camera and one one small one, or two small ones, each with a prime lens on it. I have kind of settled on a Domke F-5XB, but am perfectly willing to hear suggestions. The only real requirements, besides size, are crossbody or sling carry and some kind of mechanical fastener keeping the camera inside, not just Velcro. ( The Domke does have a flap that fastens with Velcro, but the actual camera compartment closes with a zipper.)

-- hide signature --

Instagram: @yardcoyote

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-M1 +18 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
rsn
MOD Smaug01
MOD Smaug01
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow