Almost buyer of Ricoh GR III, but why I pause

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
roberthd12 Contributing Member • Posts: 702
Almost buyer of Ricoh GR III, but why I pause

I have come so close to buying a GR III that I have even placed in my shopping cart at Adorama. I want a fixed-lens pocket cam, and I know how versatile and sharp this camera is. But, I have not pulled the trigger yet due to the dust issues.

While many will tell you the dust issues are overblown, there are certainly a larger # of dust complainers re the Ricoh than with other fixed lens compacts, such as the Fuji X70...a very good and highly sought camera, but larger.

There's a small footprint for Ricoh support in the U.S., so that makes me nervous. It's also ironic that so many people say that the Ricoh GR series is truly pocketable, but they also say don't keep it in your pocket due to lint and stuff.

I want a camera that I can depend on and not worry about. I don't want to institute special cases or special procedures for a carry-it-everywhere camera, though I do take care of my gear.

Just musing on whether or not to hit the purchase button. Thanks for letting me blab.

-- hide signature --
 roberthd12's gear list:roberthd12's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Olympus PEN E-PL1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T2 +11 more
Pentax X70 Ricoh GR III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KFo
KFo
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow