Epson 1500W Yellow printing Black

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Chris-N New Member • Posts: 19
Re: Epson 1500W Yellow printing Black

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, a delaminated head is a possible cause. The other possibility is that somehow the ink is transferring from black to yellow by running under the head. A badly fitting capping station may have something to do with it; The suction cleaning works fine, so it seals properly.

If the head is really delaminated, I know how to replace the head, but honestly I don't think its cost effective to do so with an old printer.

If the problem is the ink cap under the head, then that is easy to replace if I can get hold of one. Epson only sell the whole cleaning station with the cap. I don't want to spend money on the whole cleaning station unless I can be sure that is really the problem.

I cannot be sure, but in this case, it might not be a delaminated head. Once the purge pattern has cleaned the yellow nozzles it will print fine until the printer rests for a bit and the problem returns. There is no black in yellow contamination while the printer is printing. So that makes me think it could be another reason (wishful thinking).

I am hoping that someone might have experienced a similar problem and found a fix.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Kind regards

Chris

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow