Is anybody going to use the 40 mm f2 on the Z50/Zfc?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
skyrunr
skyrunr Senior Member • Posts: 1,653
Re: Is anybody going to use the 40 mm f2 on the Z50/Zfc?

In these cases using a zoom lens to shoot at those focal lengths for a day to find your personal preference.
For me, 24/28mm eq can be too wide for eye detail (color.)  50mm eq can be too long for shots in a smaller room.  33-35mm is a better balance between 24mm and 50mm.  Being a little faster than the kit, a little wider than the 50-S, a little softer (not an S,) and A LOT smaller is a fair compromise.  The 40f2 might be slightly better for subject isolation. 
Video users may want/have to just deal with the larger s-primes or a manual  third-party 1.4 lens.  It will be interesting to see the pro video and vlogger reviews on this lens.

Most smartphones are 28f2 these days.  SLR images with wider or zoomed focal lengths will set your photos apart from everything else.  I couldn't decide between the 28SE or 40 so preordered both and will keep whichever one shoes up first wins.  I just want something compact (like 1.8G primes,) and better than the 16-50 or 24-50 offer.

-- hide signature --

SkyRunR
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
'Out of the darkness there must come out the light.' Bob Marley

skyrunr's gear list:skyrunr's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon Z50 Nikon Z7 II Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow