Nikon Z VR lenses for video

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
khernik Junior Member • Posts: 29
Nikon Z VR lenses for video

Hi. I was thinking about getting a good camera for stills and videos, something that would have a potential to become a really good camera if I bought an external recorder etc in the future. I was thinking either sony a7riii or nikon z6, but since I know nikon z6 is really great for stills as well, and their specs are almost the same, I went with nikon.

But, reading a lot about sony, some people say that if you shoot a hand-held video on a camera with IBIS, it's better if the lens has the stabilization as well, so that they both work together producing better results. Some sony lenses do have stabilization and these are generally recommended for video (eg VARIO-TESSAR T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS).

For the nikon z6, I literally cannot find any native Z lens with the internal stabilization. Nikon says "Nikon full-frame mirrorless cameras employed powerful in-body 5-axis VR image stabilization applied to all NIKKOR Z lens you're using.".

How does it work in that case? Is sony better for hand held video, when it comes to stabilization, if you use a lens with the ibis? Does that mean that on nikon z6, Im forced to use gimbal if I want the same?

Thanks!

Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow