What will you be shooting two years from now?

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
Dave1235 New Member • Posts: 12
Re: What will you be shooting two years from now?

My D3S has been through hell.  I've literally had to crack open the body to drain the water out of it (yes, that it was an adventure to surpass the limits of the water sealing of a pro body).  And the darn thing still wants more.  I have a hard time believing I haven't killed it over the years.  I've wanted to upgrade, but it just keeps working and I still love the output.  That camera just hit the sweet spot for me.

My Z50 (my first adventure into mirrorless) has been working out fine.  Viltrox finally put out a lens that I like, so that little unit is sticking around for the foreseeable future as well if I can figure out the few things that still bug me (why does the ISO switch randomly when it is set for NO auto ISO and just wreck shots???).  Plus I'll need to grab some ND filters for that lens because 1.4 and sunshine don't play nice.  It is light and easy to carry, and the output is good enough.  My only fear with that is that I tend to be a bit hard on gear, so I'd be a bit surprised if it can last the next 2 years.

So I think my future is simply sticking where I am, with some upgrades.  I don't foresee me going full Z.  I haven't been all that happy with the FTZ, and Nikon sort of broke the upgrade path I've been on for the past 3o years.  But no worries, because I don't have to decide that right now.  I'll be happy sticking here for a bit.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow