First Outing With My X100S

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bs1946
bs1946 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,021
First Outing With My X100S

Today was my first outing with the slightly used Silver X100S I bought. I went to Hilltop Farm, in Suffield, Connecticut, less than 10 minutes away, to test out the X100S.

Hilltop Farm was built by George Hendee, one of the founders and principle owner of the Indian Motorcycle Company. Hendee began working on Hilltop Farm in 1914 and eventually amassed over 500 acres from the Massachusetts State Line and south between Route 159 and the Connecticut River. Only a quarter of the original farm remains with the rest, including Handee's mansion sold off to different buyers.

Everything was shot in RAW. Then I used the X100S's internal RAW converter to experiment with different film simulations and in the end, decided that except for Velvia, the rest of the color simulations were so close that I just downloaded the Provia and Velvia jpegs. I also found that I needed to push each jpeg by +⅓ and +½ stop because the X100S seemed to underexpose. I remember having to do the same thing with both of my X100Ts.

Basic B&W

Same Image in Velvia

Provia

Velvia

Provia

Provia

-- hide signature --

Bill S.
www.flickr.com/photos/wrs1946
“If your pictures aren't good enough, you aren't close enough”
? Robert Cappa ?

bs1946's gear list:bs1946's gear list
Apple iPhone 12 Pro Max Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +2 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Fujifilm X100S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow