PhotoPlus Expo 2021 - CANCELLED AGAIN!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Pete_CSCS Veteran Member • Posts: 3,617
PhotoPlus Expo 2021 - CANCELLED AGAIN!

I'm not on DPR as much as I use to be (although I mostly keep up with the news), so maybe I missed DPR posting the cancellation of the PhotoPlus Expo this year (?).  I didn't see it.

Since this is the largest photography show in North America and DPR always has stories on it, I'm more than surprised I don't see a news story here on it's cancellation.  DPR did list the show cancelled last year.  This years event was just scrubbed on September 8th, about 3 weeks before the show was to kick off!

They were taking registrations like normal but the giveaway was probably that their website showed no list of exhibitors this year nor a Site Map, where each exhibitor would be on the floor.  They gave the reason as being the progression of the Covid-19 pandemic and travel restrictions.  I suspect a lack of manufacturer participation played a role in their decision.

I know many have complained about the show going downhill in recent years.  I'm not one of those.  I always look forward to this show and take a week off from work so I can be there each day.  This is just another nail in the coffin for the photography community that the whole industry doesn't need!

-- hide signature --

'When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at
his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.
Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two,
and I know it was not that blow that did it,
but all that had gone before.'
-- Jacob Riis (1849 - 1914)

Stay Well,
Pete K.

Pete_CSCS's gear list:Pete_CSCS's gear list
Kodak EasyShare Z612 Olympus E-500 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro +7 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow