“Sticky” Photoshop UI elements

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Billiam29 Senior Member • Posts: 2,097
“Sticky” Photoshop UI elements

I changed my Photoshop platform from macOS to Windows about a month ago. My Windows usage has therefore only been with PS versions 22.4 and 22.5. I really wasn’t doing much work in PS during the month or two prior to this changeover so I can’t really say what the last version that I actively used on the Mac would have been. Certainly v22 but no idea what decimal revision.

In the time so far on Windows (since late August), I’ve noticed an issue with modifier keys becoming “sticky”. Searching has shown me that this issue seems to have been occurring on and off for various reasons for several years.

I have also noticed an issue with drop down menus where the UI’s focus does not release from the menu. The drop down remains selected/highlighted until I click a blank/unused area within the same pallet or toolbar as the menu. This behavior inhibits keyboard shortcuts until I perform the “click off of it” action.

Have any of you started experiencing either of these issues any time in the last few months? I am wondering if changing my PS platform from Mac to Windows has brought be into a situation that has existed for some time, or if these UI problems may have arisen somewhat recently with a Photoshop update and just happened to coincide with my platform change.

NOTE:
I do use a tablet, but it is Huion and not Wacom so please do not suggest anything specific to Wacom for my benefit. Feel free to mention Wacom-specific items for others though. Regardless, I just updated the driver for the Huion to the latest version released three days ago and it made no difference to either the modifier key or the drop down menu issue.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow