Best point-and-shoot camera for motorbike racing

Started 4 months ago | Questions thread
bobn2
bobn2 Forum Pro • Posts: 69,811
Re: Best point-and-shoot camera for motorbike racing

Jestertheclown wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

Drag racing is a reasonably simple case. The cars might be going fast, but the direction and speed is quite predictable. It's a completely different kettle of fist to motorbike road racing.

Sorry but as a one-time drag racer and circuit racer (on motorcycles) and veteran spectator at many years of motorcycle GPs., I can't agree with that.

Drag racers may only travel in one direction but the speed and behaviour of the vehicles is anything but predictable.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say that a motorcycle, heading into a corner is much more so. Particularly, if you know how to ride one and can understand what the rider's doing.

OK, I defer to your experience.

I have a Z6 and have found it to be no good at all for that. But it is individual.

It would seem so.

I have no problems at all, whereas you have loads.

And I'm not the only one.

The problem is with something called proprioception, the ability to predict location and movement. The EVF delay, which is unavoidable, interferes with the neural feedback loops on which this depends, and can make them completely unstable. Whether or not it does depends on the individual. That's why I hesitate to say that an EVF is fine or is no good, you can't predict for someone else. I suspect that the newer EVFs will shorten the delay to the point where it is outside the problem range for most people.

You see, I never see any EVF delay, or any of the other supposed issues.

First, lay off the sarcasm, if you please. This is an actual issue, not something I have made up.

And of course you don't see it. Neither do I. But you don't have to see it for it to interfere with proprioception.

Perhaps my erm, neural feedback loops are in better nick than yours . . .

It's not really a matter of being in better nick, it's just a matter of how an individuals work and how the camera works. Feedback loops can be made unstable by the insertion of delay, it's a fundamental property that they have. Whether or not they are depends on the characteristics of the loop and the delay. That's just how it works.

-- hide signature --

Is it always wrong
for one to have the hots for
Comrade Kim Yo Jong?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow