X rite colorchecker passport magenta tint

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Steve BB New Member • Posts: 22
Re: X rite colorchecker passport magenta tint

Alex Marks wrote:

Wow, I'm doing repro work and this thread is basically mind numbing. Is this all to say using the large color checker and the xrite software is for the birds? My reds are hopeless and currently so am I. I only ask this because it seems as tho none of these responses address a way to get a solid profile from this color checker without getting heavily technical and using a spectrometer. Yikes. Also, greens are a problem for me. Just to make it real confusing I'm using cross polarization as well.

My reds are totally out of whack too. I don't get it. I mean they are really wrong for me.

My problem is that I shoot a painting, use the colorchart, go home, make a fresh profile, and edit the image's contrast crop etc, and then send the images. And sometimes get an email back saying the colours are 'wrong' and they send an iPhone image of what is 'right'. 

I'm really looking for a colour chart and profile making software that is 'good enough' to trust when I don't have the artwork next to me, to put faith in sending the images to the client.

Steve BB's gear list:Steve BB's gear list
Canon EOS R5 Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II Canon EF 35mm F2 IS USM Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow