X rite colorchecker passport magenta tint

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Alex Marks New Member • Posts: 5
Re: X rite colorchecker passport magenta tint

Alex Marks wrote:

Wow, I'm doing repro work and this thread is basically mind numbing. Is this all to say using the large color checker and the xrite software is for the birds? My reds are hopeless and currently so am I. I only ask this because it seems as tho none of these responses address a way to get a solid profile from this color checker without getting heavily technical and using a spectrometer. Yikes. Also, greens are a problem for me. Just to make it real confusing I'm using cross polarization as well.

To further clarify, I currently use the ICC profile for the majority of the work and splice in the regular adobe profile that gets the wrong colors much better on its own. So basically if there's a swath of red somewhere in the painting I borrow the adobe profile for that portion only and then for the greens I create my own profile with color manipulation in adobe raw to tune up the greens to the right color. Xrite gets the rest of them pretty good with a slight tweak needed for the yellows. Has anybody had better success with lumariver? Should I get that and do I need all the customization that comes with the repro level membership. Thanks in advance. Also I would be happy to pay for consultation with a repro pro.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow