Travel Tripod - Landscape / Wildlife

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
OP RedDragon_BZ Junior Member • Posts: 46
Re: Travel Tripod - Landscape / Wildlife

Mark B. wrote:

RedDragon_BZ wrote:

Much appreciated, will look at these tonight. Have a local shop as well. I am not doing extended backpacking trips, just day trips, so I'm not trying to go crazy minimizing weight and can handle some additional weight if needed.

Can you clarify for me, though, the height? I just pulled the FLM specs for the CP30-L4 II and the max height is showing as 68". That is about 7 inches short of my standing height. I am 6'3" or 1.9m tall.

Maybe you missed one of my earlier comments. The tripod height does not include the head, nor the camera. Both of these should be considered. The height of the VF on the camera, for example, is about 3-3/4" from the bottom of the camera. Add the height of the head, and the tripod can be that much shorter. But consider that you don't really need the VF to be exactly at eye level. If you need to tilt the camera down at all, then you're on the balls of your feet or worse, your toes, to use the EVF.

Thanks!  I either read it and forgot it, or missed it, as I am trying to take in a ton of information here about these three legged beasts lol.  Thank you again Mark!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow