Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
Truman Prevatt
Truman Prevatt Forum Pro • Posts: 12,710
Re: X100V Mac Connection Issue

21William wrote:

Truman Prevatt wrote:

uniball wrote:

MyLifeUncut wrote:

BTW: There are several reasons why you might want to connect your camera to your computer to import images instead of using a card reader -- using a computer without an SD card slot and not wanting to carry another piece of equipment is one of them, reducing wear and tear on the SD card is another.

Which begs the question would you prefer reducing wear on your $1,000 camera — potentially no longer on warranty — or your $15 card reader?

Or pulling the card continuously out of the camera - flexing the small spring every time and dragging the contacts of the SD card across the camera. No thanks, I keep my cards in the camera and plug it into the computer.

You’re probably putting the same amount of wear on that tiny data socket on your camera.

I've not yet broken an USB micro nor USBC socket.  I have had to replace a SD card socket at a not insignificant cost.  Thank you very much I'll keep my cards in the camera unless absolutely necessary and from time to time it is for example when Fuji bricks the connection protocol in a F/W "upgrade" and you have no other choice.  

-- hide signature --

"The winds of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears," Arabic Proverb
__
Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +14 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow