From G9 to E-M5 III ?

Started 2 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
inlawbiker Senior Member • Posts: 1,985
From G9 to E-M5 III ?

Hey all, I have been away from the forums doing life and shooting when able. About a year ago I decided to switch from my trusty E-M10 II to the Panasonic G9. What I've found is I don't "click" well with the G9. I really miss the smaller E-M10 body I just didn't like the AF on that camera, especially for people. I also miss the composite modes on from Olympus. I was hoping the 5.3 fixes that, and is weather sealed.

I feel kind of dumb switching from the flagship G9 to the E-M5 III but I think the smaller size would suit me better. Most of my lenses are smaller anyway. They have a promotion to get the grip free with the 14-150 lens. I already have the Pana 12-35 and 35-100 2.8's I was planning to keep and use with the Olympus.

I'm a little disappointed they cheapened the 5.3 as compared to the 5.2 (lesser build, smaller battery) but I'd be interested in thoughts on making a switch like this.

Greg.

inlawbiker's gear list:inlawbiker's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Sony a7C Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Tamron 35mm F2.8 Di III OSD
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow