2.8/70-200 G SSMII won't focus anymore

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP emilyz Forum Member • Posts: 50
Re: 2.8/70-200 G SSMII won't focus anymore

tbcass wrote:

emilyz wrote:

Photo Tech informed me that the focusing assembly for the 2.8/70-200 G SSMII was available, but at a price that exceeds the value of the lens in working condition - at least based on recently completed ebay transactions.

Their service manager suggested that unless I desperately need this lens for an A-mount body (I don't) , will be better off just leaving it alone and going E-mount. Intend to follow his advice -- and I still have the Beercan for the rare occasion of needing a 70-200 zoom on my A77/A99 bodies.

Remember the service manager has ulterior motives. He wants to sell you E Mount so the store can make more money. Because of that, his "advice" is based on selfish motives and not what is in your best interest. I say because you already own good A mount bodies buy the Tamron 70-200 f2.8. My advice is honest because I will not profit in any way.

If I neglected to mention at the top his thread, the main usage of the SAL70200 was on my A7R3, with an adapter. I seldom use the A-mount bodies these days. So if I buy a replacement lens, it will certainly be in E-mount. The dilemma is between the $1200 Tamron and the $2600 Sony. But that's for a different forum.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow