Surprise Osprey

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Busbob Contributing Member • Posts: 526
Surprise Osprey

This morning I took a drive to the park and after finding nothing moving in the fields where the hawks hang out, went further inside the park to a small lake where a Kingfisher can be seen once in a while.

The Kingfisher was there, perched on a pole in the morning sun. Had to park the suv and of course the bird found another place to perch while I was doing that. So headed to the shoreline, could see the Kingfisher and was making my way to him when a large brown bird flew by. It perched on a limb far away and when I zoomed in I realized it was an Osprey. My bird book says they are uncommon inland.

Tried to find a closer vantage point but the bird took flight right at me and then veered off. I had no clue if the camera was set up for BIF I just took the shot. Fortunately the camera was ready.

Later the bird reappeared with breakfast in hand (talon) and the camera was set up to capture the distant shot.

Very enjoyable morning with the RX10 IV.

-- hide signature --

Every new day is a gift!

Busbob's gear list:Busbob's gear list
Sony RX10 IV
Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow