How can a menu be terrible?

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JustUs7 Senior Member • Posts: 2,602
How can a menu be terrible?

I use Canon and I find their menus very easy to navigate.  I cross shopped other brands when buying our current gear and for one of them, just going into the menu I found off putting enough to take that out of the running.

Is that due to familiarity?  Do some feel after using other brands that Canon menus make no sense?

What are some menu quirks of your camera that you think are ridiculous and make you wonder what the programmers were thinking?

For Canon, the only one that comes to mind is having to go into the menu at all to change between AF and MF for a couple of lenses.  One of our bodies has a switch right on the body.  That makes sense and is super easy.  I’ll add as I think of more.  For the other, menu is the only way.  And not the quick menu either.  Even setting it in, “My Menu”, I still have to navigate there.

JustUs7's gear list:JustUs7's gear list
Canon EOS 1000D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS RP Canon EOS M6 II Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow