First camera for Portrait shoots

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DeCal Photography New Member • Posts: 12
First camera for Portrait shoots

Hello,

I am looking at buying a camera and lens/lenses for portrait photography. I currently have a Nikon d3200 and two kit lenses that I received as a gift. I unfortunately broke the 16-55 and was looking for a lens to replace it. I realized however that I would be investing money money in what is likely a dying system.

Here is what I am looking for, a camera with one or two portrait lenses. I have a budget of around 1,500 usd though I could possible go a little higher. Used gear is fine with me and preferred due to budget constraints. I would like to be able to do professional work though I am just starting out. I have never used a mirrorless camera but that or a DSLR would be fine. I have a few vintage Pentax lenses that I would like to use but it’s not a dealbreaker if I can’t. I would like to invest in a system that I can upgrade down the line and not have to sell all my lenses and camera bodies.

Options I have considered:

Sony a7 classic or a7 ii with 50mm 1.8 and 85mm 1.8

Nikon z50 with  ftz adapter and various lenses

Fuji x-t1/2 - I found this option limiting because of the expensive lenses and relatively few options. 
Nikon d600/610 with various lenses

Thank you!

DeCal Photography's gear list:DeCal Photography's gear list
Nikon D3200 Fujifilm X-H1
Nikon D3200 Nikon Z50 Sony a7 Sony a7 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow