Fungus (?) inside RF 70-200 F4 L

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
OP Sinawang Forum Member • Posts: 65
Re: Fungus (?) inside RF 70-200 F4 L

PicPocket wrote:

not saying it didn’t happen due to bad seals. But it might as well have gone in when the lens wasn’t mounted on a weather sealed body. Or it got into the body first and then got sucked into the lens. A few dust specs getting into the lens isn’t that surprising

Yeah that make sense.

Here's after 24 hr I buried the lens with all the silica gel sachets I have while waiting my dry cabinet & UV light shipped.

silica gel only deals with moisture, not fungus. Sunlight and ventilation is your friend until your equipment arrives. Even the dry box is prevention, it won’t kill fungus directly

I just try as much as I can to suffocate it by taking out as much moisture as I can to prevent it grow further.

This stresses me out. The only relief is that it's not seen in the frame as it's outside the coverage area of the sensor.

no, it’s not visible because it’s much closer to lenses MFD. the lens cannot focus it onto the sensor, so it gets spread out and given it’s small you don’t see any obvious impact.

It also is the possible case

I'll call canon today and see what I can get.

good luck. Keep us posted. Curious on end result

Sinawang's gear list:Sinawang's gear list
Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon 85mm F1.4L IS USM Canon RF 50mm F1.8 STM Canon RF 70-200 F4 L +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow