FTZ adapter firmware update broke autofocus on 18-35mm D?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Freedolin Contributing Member • Posts: 538
Re: FTZ adapter firmware update broke autofocus on 18-35mm D?

Of course it's possible to say "well, everyone in the bubble knows what we REALLY mean", but then why not just say "lens without an internal motor", which is entirely accurate and also tells newcomers what the problem on a mechanical basis actually is, rather than implying that "D" is somehow relevant to the question when it really isn't?

I did not imply that. And I wasn't talking about new users. I actually don't see anyone here in this discussion NOT familiar with all those 'misleading' abbreviations, and I'm very certain if we'd all meet again in a completely different thread about 'that AF-D lens' someone tried, bought or sold or whatever, we'd all immediately (and correctly) associate a screw-driven lens, no?

It has become a slightly bizarre discussion, to be honest. Reminds me more of endless equivalence threads where someone makes a 'misleading' remark that a lens 'is like a' (put crop-factor corrected specs for focal length and aperture here), and it typically takes only minutes for someone showing up and explaining physical focal length and aperture in all detail...

I know what that D means. I know what an AF D lens is. And that 'AF-D' is not an 'official' abbreviation. But I also know that anyone familiar with the F-mount system around me gets and uses this so misleading abbreviation anyway.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow