AF-P DX Nikkor 70-300 mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR

Started Sep 11, 2021 | Questions thread
Marc Trotter Regular Member • Posts: 341
Re: AF-P DX Nikkor 70-300 mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR

mais51 wrote:

Marc Trotter wrote:

NewP510owner wrote:

Don't forget the 70-300 AF-P FX f5.6 lens its a different beast all together a step above the old AF-S lens and much better than the DX lens - It's fast to focus - sharp from end to end and built with seals so it keeps moisture and dust out.

I had one and used it with out any issues on a D7200 - loved that combo.

This was shot using that combo -

I think I need to be able to turn VR off for these shots. In the shot you posted, may I ask if you had VR turned off with the D7200? Sorry for all the novice questions, but I can't seem to be able to keep up with all of this.

Get the AF-P 70-300 f5.6 FX version - much better lens and has a 3 positions mechanical VR switch for OFF- NORMAL and SPORT. However you have to make sure your camera works with the new P lenses.

This lens works well with a Kenko 1.4x Teleplus Pro converter - mount the combination on your DX camera and you will have an equivalent 630 mm telephoto lens.

Thanks, yes, that's the rub. Some are saying it will work with my D7200 just fine and some say the focus will "time out".  And there is some question about the VR functionality, with some saying I won't be able to turn off the VR in the D7200, but there is a three position switch on the lens, and I don't know if they are saying that my D7200 will render that switch inactive until the software is updated.

Others say there is a software update for the D7200 to make it compatible, but I don't know how to go about getting it.

Marc Trotter's gear list:Marc Trotter's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon 35mm F1.8G ED
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow