AF-P DX Nikkor 70-300 mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR

Started Sep 11, 2021 | Questions thread
Marc Trotter Regular Member • Posts: 341
Re: AF-P DX Nikkor 70-300 mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR

NewP510owner wrote:

Dont foreget the 70-300 AF-P FX f5.6 lens its a differnt beast all together a step above the old AF-S lens and much better than the DX lens - It's fast to focus - sharp from end to end and built with seals so it keeps moisture and dust out.

I had one and used it with out any issues on a D7200 - loved that combo.

This was shot using that combo -

Wow, that is exactly the kind of shot I take a lot of, because I take pics at air shows and auto races.  I recently shot a bunch of pics at an air show and auto races at Indy and had a devil of a time getting sharp shots with my AF-S 70-300G at from 200-300mm, even with fast shutter speeds.  Do you believe the AF-P is sharper in that focal range than the AF-S G?   I thought there was something I read about the new AF-P DX VR lens being better for me than the newer AF-P 70-300 VR FX lens.

I think I need to be able to turn VR off for these shots.  In the shot you posted, may I ask if you had VR turned off with the D7200?   Sorry for all the novice questions, but I can't seem to be able to keep up with all of this.

Marc Trotter's gear list:Marc Trotter's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon 35mm F1.8G ED
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow