Fungus (?) inside RF 70-200 F4 L

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
OP Sinawang Forum Member • Posts: 65
Re: Fungus (?) inside RF 70-200 F4 L

MannyV wrote:

Ever move from aircon room to outside in a hot humid country? Ever noticed what happens to lens when you do that? Those who live in such environment know how this condensation occurs. Both inside and outside of lens and irrespective of weather sealed or not. Google how to avoid this in future. Also dry cabinets are a hot commodity in such places.

The spot stays there after 24hr since I found it on the lens, it's not like condensation. I know about condensation, when the temps on both side inside & outside is equal, the fog will gone, but this one doesn't.

I check it from time to time to see if it spreads further radially, hopefully it won't grow any further.

Not something new with lens. Any expensive stuff that can corrode, video tapes, etc would be tried and stored in those cabinets when not in use. Wish you luck.

Sinawang's gear list:Sinawang's gear list
Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon 85mm F1.4L IS USM Canon RF 50mm F1.8 STM Canon RF 70-200 F4 L +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow