Fungus (?) inside RF 70-200 F4 L

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Dan W Contributing Member • Posts: 834
Re: Fungus (?) inside RF 70-200 F4 L

Sinawang wrote:

I found this yesterday morning. Knowing that this lens is sealed and pro grade, but when I find something like this, sure I'm disappointed.

This is the lens which attached on the camera more than my other lenses.

The spot is near the upper-right edge on the backside of the front element, so it's not seen in the frame, I guess because it's outside of the coverage area of the sensor.

How to save this lens from the fungus (?) spread further if this already happened?

What cost me if I send it to service centre to clean?

Might be under warranty. Worth a call. Do you live in a humid climate like Florida or other southern state? They make drying cabinets that B&H sells. Or you can make one, just build a box and wire a 25 or 40 watt bulb (not LED bulb) like an appliance bulb. The heat from the bulb will keep humidity at bay, humidity is the enemy to lenses. The ones you buy look sorta like a dorm refrigerator with a glass door. Its just a mildly warm cabinet that keeps mold and fungus from taking off.

Dan W's gear list:Dan W's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow