Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 experiences, doubting to sell my Nikon Z50 for it

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
rashid7
rashid7 Veteran Member • Posts: 6,292
Re: Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 experiences, doubting to sell my Nikon Z50 for it

rashid7 wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

Barnie25 wrote:

This summer I bought a Nikon Z50. I like shooting with it and my 50mm 1.8 S lens is from all acounts one of the best lenses ever produced in its class. However I am finding that the 3:2 aspect ratio isn't always what I am looking for and a 4:3 sensor would most likely result in my cropping less.

I also wanted a system where I had a bigger choice in lenses without the need to go fullframe and something that had good IBIS.

I want a 2 lens setup that I can take with me to any situation.

I am looking at a Lumix G95 with a 30mm Sigma 1.4 and a 12-60 zoom lens. This would give me a good portrait lens for people shots and a zoom lens for any other application.

My question is what is the 'optimal' portrait lens for a MFT system? Currently my lens is 75mm FF equivalent and I do quite like it.

My second question is does the G9 have eye AF in AF-C for photos?

My third question is regarding the G9, any experiences you can share.

Between G95 and G9, unless size and weight are an issue for you get the G9. Better camera. Better built.

the g9 weighs 100g more than g95. +$300

But it is waaaay better in quality & performance in every aspect! (takes things to a whole 'nother level)

This is no hit on the 95. I owned the 85 which was excellent. Unfortunately, while the 95 improved many things, it incurs a much more aggressive crop in 4k than the 85

furthermore, the 9 firmware was recently upgraded to the latest and greatest Lumix face & animal recognition algorithms

-- hide signature --

Keep it fun!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow