Hubsan Zino Mini Pro Video

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ching-Kuang Shene
Ching-Kuang Shene Veteran Member • Posts: 6,369
Hubsan Zino Mini Pro Video

Received my copy of a 2-battery version of the Hubsan Zino Mini Pro on Tuesday, September 7, 2021. Well, I ordered it at late May 2021 and waited for slightly more than three months to receive this drone. After charging both batteries, it was took to the air today (September 9, 2021).

This Hubsan Zino Mini Pro performed exactly what I expected. My first flight used all default settings. I flew for about 1.2km before the drone was flown back in sideway. Weather was a little windy, but the Gimbal stabilizer performed well. Two things that I do not like are:

1. The FPV camera is turned off until the drone is in the air (to save power as stated by Hubsan). Initially, I was scared before I saw the message, thinking about a WiFi connection issue between my iPhone and the drone.
  2. There is no micro SD card slot. Instead, I ordered the built-in 64GB version. I do like to have a memory card slot built in so that I could replace the card in case the card is not working.

Now, I have to worry about what should I do if the internal memory is not working. Sending the drone back will definitely cost a lot more than buying a new memory card. Now, the DJI Mini class includes at least DJI Mavic Mini, Mini SE, Mini 2, FIMI X8 Mini and Hubsan Zino Mini Pro. My first impression is that the flying characteristics of this Hubsan Mini are similar to those of the FIMI X8 Mini and perhaps a little bit better. Both are reliable enough for me to fly them farther away. It is not an equivalent to the Mini 2, although somewhat close. I have not tested the obstacle avoidance feature, and will do it later when I could acquire more flying experience. In terms of build quality, I would say the Hubsan is better or much better than that of the FIMI X8 Mini. Please do keep in mind that the FIMI X8 Mini is supplied with the Standard battery, making the drone to be heavier than 250g and the Professional (battery) version is nowhere to be found as of now.

In terms of image quality, the Hubsan produces images and videos less contrasty than those produced by the FIMI X8 Mini. IMO, the contrast from FIMI X8 SE 2020 and FIMI X8 Mini are way too high, and the Hubsan's are more pleasing. The Mini 2 produces the best image and video quality, in terms of color rendition and contrast.

Will post more videos in the future.

CK

Ching-Kuang Shene's gear list:Ching-Kuang Shene's gear list
Olympus D-600L Nikon D7100 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-P 70-300mm F4.5-6.3G +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow