Canon Ef 50mm f1.2 v RF 50mm f1.2

Started Sep 10, 2021 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
S1shooter Forum Member • Posts: 84
Canon Ef 50mm f1.2 v RF 50mm f1.2

Which one do you prefer? I have the EF 50mm f1.2 L USM blah blah blah, and have always loved the way it renders colors, especially at night. There's something so cinematic about the way it renders contrast, and it has that really special "fuzzy but not really fuzzy" look to it that also gives it a "look" that isn't like a cold, heartless piece of glass off the Zeiss line lacking all humanity or soul.

Having said all of this, I keep hearing about the RF 50mm f1.2. I've heard this is basically the best 50 ever made, and that for those who demand absolute perfection from their gear, this is the go-to. I'm not exactly someone who pixel peeps, but I am in a position where I can throw around a bit of change and am just curious at this point.

Does the RF lens have a "look" to it? Or is it mostly a portable telescope? Which would you prefer if you were mostly a creative photographer? Answer my questions, but also feel free to include any other thoughts or info you think should weigh in on someone's consideration to get this when they already have the EF 50mm f12.

Thanks all!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow