* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #698 on 2021 09 08 *

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
minniev Veteran Member • Posts: 3,896
Re: The Bay of Fires. Tasmania

I’ve noticed this orange lichen on other of your Tasmanian photos, and it looks pretty wonderful in an image with those rich pure blues of sky and sea. The tans/grays of the rocks and a few distant dark greens in some complete this very appealing color palette. I’d be hard put to choose a favorite. These are all images that I’d be proud to display on a wall. The first is a wonderful classic landscape composition. The second is almost abstract, relying on form, shape, and perfect balance. The third is a masterful intimate landscape. the last one is a collection of shapes, colors and repeating forms. All are very very good photos.

Mike Fewster wrote:

Not what I was going to post but the bay featured in a tv doco last night so here we are.

The orange colour comes from lichen. The bay isn't named because of the colour. It got its name from the large number of first nation fires along the coast reported by the European discoverer, Furneaux as he sailed past in 1773.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow