What would you do? Dual system question.

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
tammons Veteran Member • Posts: 6,568
Re: What would you do? Dual system question.

photofan1986 wrote:

I am a lucky two systems user, i.e. m43 and Sony FE with an A7III. And recently I've been considering upgrading my long tele lens, the Olympus 75-300mk1. While it's really an excellent value lens (and my copy is surprisingly sharp), I'd like something faster and with better autofocus to use with a G9 and a Em5.3.

Here's the deal: I'm not sure whether to invest in a good m43 zoom or a Sony FF zoom. My chosen options are: Panaleica 50-200 and Sigma 100-400. I can get the PL for about 1200€ used and the Sigma for 750€, so quite a bit cheaper. I love the PL50-200 size, weight and build quality (I had a chance to play with one in a shop), but the Sigma gets great reviews and I would benefit from the larger sensor and better low light capabilities (not much difference though, as we are talking f2.8-4 vs f5-6.3, you do the math for eq.😁). However, it's almost twice as heavy, which is certainly not negligeable.

What would you do? Has anyone used both lenses/systems?

Thanks for your input.

Jean

The Pany 50-200mm F2.8-4 is one of the best tele lenses I have ever used. Along with the Pany 200mm F2.8, Oly 40-150 F2.8 and Oly 300mm F4.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow