On1 new features announced

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
_vlad Senior Member • Posts: 2,870
Re: On1 new features announced

Adam2 wrote:

srock wrote:

I hope the upgrades are as good as promised. I am enthusiastic about all of them. I purchased my upgrade last night and am waiting for the release late this month (They have never in my experience released early so I am guessing Oct 1 or 2).

There is every reason to be hopeful. NoNoise is a winner.

I have been told that on1 No noise will improve the overall demoasicing which I am hopeful is true.

it is simply amazing and if you doubt it then download the stand alone for trial. It’s faster and nearly as good as Topaz and produces fewer artifacts. That alone is worth the price of an upgrade.

A major wish for the next upgrade would be upgrading the print module. The three best remain LR, the canon print utility (only LR and PS plugin) and Qimage (very flexible but very odd interface.

they improved the printer interface a while ago but admittedly it’s poor. I print from Canon’s pro print utility.

I have settled on On1 which I am in general very happy with with occasional trips out to Nik, affinity, Luminar or PL4. There isn't alot that I want to do that I can't with this combo. I must say that in the beginning there was a little sacrifice, but no longer. The non Adobe tools are getting very powerful and easy to use.

generally agree though it is superior to LR it pales besides PS. The lack of gradients, context sensitive fill, and a myriad of other things I can do in PS layers points to the distinctions. Nonetheless, it is quick, reliable, and allows one to produce some great results .

Steve

I would add need of having possibility of different catalogues option. I did not find a way how to reasonable manage my photo library  (roughly 500 000 photos). In lR I have separate catalogues for each year-decade and it works pretty well - ON1 does not work this way. So may be new Backup feature could by used for this.

I am pretty surprised - you mentioned "speed" as I found it rather lousy especially when starting the soft and switching between browse/edit module - this is really irritating (and it certainly is not the problem of my comp). And it lacks in speed in working with several layers and enhanced processing on each of them.  Photoshop is ligthning fast with special tasks. But

Any ideas on speeding up the software?

Nevertheless -  in agreement with @srock - this becomes more and more my central-hub for everything photo related.

-- hide signature --

Vlad

_vlad's gear list:_vlad's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic GH5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jfk
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow