Green Heron, Mississippi Kite, and a Great Egret

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Busbob Contributing Member • Posts: 528
Green Heron, Mississippi Kite, and a Great Egret

These are from a week or two ago, haven't been out recently (monster head cold!) so I thought these might be interesting.

The first is a Green Heron.

Have to relate that this bird can be elusive. The following pictures are the same bird just a few feet from the original shooting location. I looked down at my camera settings and when I looked back up the bird had vanished like some magic trick.

Here's that yellow oval....

On another day spent a lot of time trying to capture the Mississippi Kite. These birds appear to be soaring in groups like our buzzards do, but they are actually hunting bugs. I've seen one capture a cicada in flight and eat on the go. The second pic shows a dragonfly that just missed being lunch. Had to do a lot of processing to make the first image work.

Did find this Great Egret on a nearby pond. Camera shy, didn't stick around for better shots.

Looking forward to getting back out as the fall migration begins. My hummingbird feeder is all females now, the males are now somewhere south claiming territory.

-- hide signature --

Every new day is a gift!

Busbob's gear list:Busbob's gear list
Sony RX10 IV
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow