Panorama

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Cyril Catt Veteran Member • Posts: 5,199
Re: Panorama

Julian Sutherland wrote: I took my Canon EOS M6 mk2 and a few lenses on a recent trip to the San Juan Islands but did not use it. Here is one of the reasons why: Set the iPhone 11 to "pano" press the button, steadily move the scene around the horizon, stop and press the button again and you have your picture.

With my Canon or any of my other cameras I would have to take several pictures and stitch them together later. With the phone, no problem, fine picture in seconds. I'm not surprised that camera sales are down.

With my 2007 vintage Canon TX1, I can follow a ghostly image of a previous frame to align the next frame, up to a total of 26 in all. The stitching software of the time was, however, not as good as modern apps, so moving subjects tended to get mulched, as with the ship in the centre of this 100 degree pan of Newcastle NSW harbour. Not as picturesque as yours, nor - with a smaller sensor, and fewer pixels, as high an IQ, but a reasonable graphic record, from a model about the size of a pack of cards!

-- hide signature --

Cyril

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow