Perpignan photojournalism exhibition

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
André BARELIER
André BARELIER Forum Pro • Posts: 10,729
Perpignan photojournalism exhibition

Hi,

I was in Perpignan for the exhibition called "Visa pour l'image", dedicated to photojournalism.

Lots of excellent pictures there. But very difficult to stand, since most of the photos are about war, injustice, and disasters. Afghanistan, Syria, India, Haiti, Palestine,...

The exhibitions are presented in several locations, the main one being a former convent.

I was very impressed by Eric Bouvet, a war reporter who did a very impressive job.

What's interesting is the story behind each photo.

Sorry, only the french text is entirely visible, and you can see the reflections of the light. No way to avoid that.

Another report impressed me a lot, about gun ownership in the USA.

I know that most of the subscribers to dpreview are Americans. So I will not comment on these pictures, because I don't want to start a debate. I will just say that this is totally unimaginable in Europe.

Something completely different: I've seen there the most incredible pictures of wildlife by a photographer called Vincent Munier.

Can you spot the panther?

Another one:

I walked a lot in Perpignan. We were located not far from the gypsy district. It's a very special place, where the rules are completely different from what I'm used to.

Every day, the streets are cleaned early in the morning. At noon, they already are full of garbage. At night, people stay in the middle of the street. You cannot drive there.

People are poor, but nice. You don't understand their langage, but they understand french. These streets are secure, and we were not afraid to walk around at night.

Well, it's a different culture...

To change the atmosphere, I went to Elne, a small medieval village nearby, with an interesting cathedral.

Here are some pictures:

detail of the cloister columns

Not bad for iso 5600...

strange lights in the cathedral. Looks like a human face, depending on how you see it.

That's all. All pictures shot raw, processed with DxO PL4.

Important:  I solved the problem of the 6.7-13 "auto-on" flaw. To avoid the lens to put the camera "on" simply by touching it, I leave the lens out. I don't retract it. And then, the problem disappears. Good to know.

-- hide signature --

André

André BARELIER's gear list:André BARELIER's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D3300 +10 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow