Domke F2 original, wax?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
D Lynch Veteran Member • Posts: 5,205
Re: Domke F2 original, wax?

The Grumpy Snapper wrote:

Brick_Shooter_Pro wrote:

The Grumpy Snapper wrote:

Yes you're wrong. I spray my regular canvas Domke bags with a waterproofing spray for canvas.

I have yet to re-wax a RuggedWear bag.

So, the type of canvas are different between the two bag types. May I ask which waterproofing spray you use?

Whatever is on the shelf in the outdoor/camping section of the hardware store. I make sure canvas is listed on the label. It often says canvas tents/packs.

The RuggedWear material is thinner and more finely textured. It reminds me of the waxed cotton used in Belstaff/Barbour jackets.

I had Barbour jackets for years.  It's good to see you know about them and Belstaff too!

I wonder if the Domke bag fabric became thinner after Tiffen took over?

I only have two Domke bags. F2; not original but the army green variety.  And F3/X ruggedwear.

Both had broken plastic fittings on the straps. I replaced them.  Be careful with the straps.  My bags have received gentle use.

Mr Domke used to post on the Tiffen-Domke forum. He is a gentleman and very helpful.  Unfortunately the forum is gone.

-- hide signature --

DaveL
WSSA Member #468
Ontario, Canada

D Lynch's gear list:D Lynch's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow