Resurrecting Epson 3800 - where to start?

Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
redisred Forum Member • Posts: 97
Resurrecting Epson 3800 - where to start?

Hi everyone, I've been interested in printing for over a decade but I've never gotten to it. (Always something more important to spend money on!) But, over the weekend, I had the chance to take possession of a 3800 that's been in storage for at least 5 years (probably more) and I jumped on it. It's been stored in a very clean place and seems to be in good shape, but I know I've got a project in front of me to get it back up and running. I've done a lot of research already, but I'm still not quite sure where to start with cleaning the lines and the heads. SO, 2 main questions for you all:

1. I've seen mention of cleaning cartridges, cleaning solutions, removing and flushing with warm water, etc. Does anyone have suggestions on where to start with this?

2. Are there existing threads or recommendations anyone could point me to for where to get started with third party ink? I imagine there's a favored vendor that covers the basics?

Thank you for helping a newbie!

redisred's gear list:redisred's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-Pro2
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow