What will you be shooting two years from now?

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
yray
yray Senior Member • Posts: 2,419
Re: What will you be shooting two years from now?

greenmanphoto wrote:

yray,

I am much the same, for the most part. However, I'm intrigued by the upcoming Z9, the first mirrorless from Nikon (or, pretty much, anyone else!) to really get me to consider switching there. Even so, it won't be a switch, but a combination. BUT, that all depends on exactly what the Z9 is like and how well it performs. Otherwise, it will be a D5 or D6 for me next.

My interest in Z9 is almost entirely academic, other than I do appreciate that NIkon can't afford for it to be a flop. The price tag is a big issue, but also I really don't have a great need in a sports camera anymore, and if I had I would be looking at the F-mount bodies because of the lenses. I'm not a big fan of adapters. Also, I know many people argue otherwise, but for stuff that moves fast OVF is even more crucial IMO, even if you get all the shots you want and EVF lag becomes completely insignificant in practice and is just a concept in my head.

And that, combined with my D500 and D850, will last me a LONG, LONG time, I'm sure.

Sam

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
NCB
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow