Photographing a party in a limousine?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
noz03 Regular Member • Posts: 268
Photographing a party in a limousine?

Someone wants me to photograph their wedding party which will take part in a limousine. I'm hoping it will at least be a hummer, but might even be one of the smaller ones with low ceilings...

The first problem is I don't have any VR lenses, and wondering if it is worth to rent or not as the budget is a bit too small for it. Or would a 50mm prime / 18mm F3.5 with a flash/mini softbox on camera be ok? And if so how on earth could I use the flash without it looking like a holiday kodak snapshot in such a tight space with dark ceilings? :/

The other thing that I'm worried about is there aren't going to be many angles to shoot, I probably won't even be able to move around much, and even if I do what are the creative options for me?

They are actually friends, and this will be my wedding gift to them, so am not too stressed, but still want to do a good job for them. I tried to convince them to take a artistic photo shoot instead, but the bride wanted to catch the limo party more.

noz03's gear list:noz03's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF)
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow