End of the G9 or just a great deal?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Ranlee Senior Member • Posts: 2,068
Re: End of the G9 or just a great deal?

Harold66 wrote:

I certainly hope not . I think it is more likely to get a G9 mark II with the same size . Only a different sensor , maybe improved CAF, ( not that i care for that ) and a new processor

Harold

Same size wouldn't bother me but a little smaller wouldn't either and I have large hands and shoot most often with the PL200 2.8 and the Oly 300f4.  But really, the reason I think smaller is that Panasonic listened to a raft of criticism over the size of the GX8 (which I also own and love) the G9 and the S1/S1R.  Their answer is the S5, full frame yet a bit smaller than the G9.  This tells me that the G9 replacement can be smaller but hopefully without the compromise of the S5 compared to S1 since MFT components  can be smaller.  I'm not interested in video so the next G9 can compromise that right out of the camera for all I care as long as I get the rest of the goodies in the GH6. 

-- hide signature --

Randy

Ranlee's gear list:Ranlee's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Yxa
Yxa
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow