Nikon Z 24-200 f/4-6.3 compared to Canon RF 70-200 f/4

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
jetstream Contributing Member • Posts: 699
Re: a little more on cross-system comparisons

BasilG wrote:

jetstream wrote:

Just talked about Imatest at one of our photo club expert, he suggests that sharpening and in camera corrections have a very significant impact on Imatest results making comparisons between different systems and even different cameras from the same brand somewhat hazardous. Unless you know exactly how to calibrate things right, it's a bit like comparing lens performance based on 2 images, one processed with eg DxO and the other processed with LR... this is why Imatest results for the same camera/lens combo may be very different and unless you have all the details about the test procedure, it's better to be used to compare how various lenses perform on just a single camera.

For the very same lenses, here's the Imatest sharpness results found on a French review site www.lesnumeriques.com, some may find they're more likely to reflect the performance of both combos, but anyway, the good news is that the Z 24-200 is definitely a great piece of glass:

Oh no! Now the other lens is better!

Excellent post, thank you.

You're plain wrong, the 24-200 is way better in the 24-70 range

Now for the 70-200 range, I'd rather wait for the DxOmark reviews, at least they're using a standard procedure to test lenses and seem to have a solid experience to back up their reviews... I'm not so sure ephotozine are 100% reliable but hope I'm wrong.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
HUN
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
xtm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow