End of the G9 or just a great deal?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Ranlee Senior Member • Posts: 2,068
Re: End of the G9 or just a great deal?

Harold66 wrote:

bs1946 wrote:

Here in the US, besides the G9, the G95, G85, GX9, and GX85 are all on sale. All of these cameras are past their prime and I think Panasonic is just trying rekindle sales and clear out existing stock.

I believe that at some point, the G85 and GX85 will be discontinued, probably when there is little or no stock left. Since Panasonic seems to be putting all of their efforts into the GH and S series, the G9, G95, and GX9 may suffer the same fate, since there has been no news of next generation replacements.

I am sorry but I disagree . Panasonic can reduce its lineup but needs more than the GH line

I am confident there will be a G9 mark II in 2022

Harold

I agree. To me it would foolish for Panasonic to stay in MFT with only high end video in mind. The G9 replacement - whatever it is called - will probably be smaller than the G9, perhaps even a tad smaller than the S5. It will have the sensor and processing power of the GH6 but with truncated video capabilities and thus no need for sizeable heat sink design. I expect the top LCD will be gone which wouldn't bother me but overall it will still be big enough to continue the good ergonomics and heavy lens capabilities of the present G9. I would think it will appear within 6 months of the GH6 but will not be a simultaneous release.

-- hide signature --

Randy

Ranlee's gear list:Ranlee's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Yxa
Yxa
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow