Another failed lens 2

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Paul Pasco
OP Paul Pasco Veteran Member • Posts: 8,856
Re: Another failed lens 2

RichDitch wrote:

Paul Pasco wrote:

This is a sequal to this post: https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4582827

I haven't been using my N1 gear too much this summer while trying to bond with the Z50 but today I decided to take my 30-110 with diopter (my favorite macro setup) to shoot some bees in the yard and....aperture is broken. As costly as it may be, I am going to send my 10-30 and 30-110 to Huang and have him do his magic.

I'm sorry to hear about this failure. But it's good to know you are sending them off for repair. Since I figure I'll need to do this inn the future if one of my more expensive lenses go bad please keep me informed on how this goes for you. I've never sent anything outside the US and am curious what the process is and how much of a hassle you encounter.

I'm not too bummed; I've prepared myself for this moment!

What are you left with in the meantime? I think you now have a 10-100 non PD that covers that range, and perhaps a good diopter to use with it.

Oh, I have a good 10-100 non PD that works just about as well for the macro as well as FT-1 with either DX 55-200 VRII or DX 70-300 VR, so no lack of tools here. Its just that the 30-110 is so compact and light. I've been trying to use the Z50 for macro but I'm just not as happy with the results.

I was about to offer you the loan of an extra 30-110 sitting here idle, but thought I'd better check it first only to discover that it too now has a bad aperture! So, that's two bad 30-110's I've got. Too bad we can't send your two plus my two in a single package for repair to split the international shipping cost.

I’ll send mine to you, you’re about 350 miles closer!

-- hide signature --

Regards, Paul
Lili's Dad
WSSA Member #450

Paul Pasco's gear list:Paul Pasco's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28 Nikon D50 Nikon D3 Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 +26 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow