On1 new features announced

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
OP srock Contributing Member • Posts: 714
Re: ON1 RAW 2022 no longer includes FX?

I just want to say again, On1 has two products that address two very different needs. The first is On1 Photo Raw 2022 which is for those who want to use On1PR as the center of their work using the DAM, Raw Converter and modules such as Effects, the new deNoise , Portraits, HDR, Panorama etc. For me this is a complete solution and with the ability to use PS addins, nicely fills my needs.

There is a second solution offered for those that want to use PS, LR PL1 or others programs as their hub. The plugins suite will call the effects, denoise and portrait modules etc and allow the functionality of the finishing modules that On1 is known for, while still allowing their usual workflow.

In the short term, you could just hold on to On1 2021 and do both but you would lose access to the new deNoise and other new modules. Not the best solution IMHO.

I think they are trying to address the needs of most photographic communities in the context of maintaining a solid business model and trying to expand their reach.

Steve

srock's gear list:srock's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Pentax K-3 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 18-250mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jfk
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow