* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #697 on 2021 09 01 *

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
KeesSmeele
KeesSmeele Regular Member • Posts: 323
Re: BIF. I have much to learn.

Mike Fewster wrote:

Posted because it's on my mind. The shot was taken yesterday as we were driving to central Australia. At one spot there were clouds of budgerigars. We stopped and I headed into the bush to try to get BIF. Tried for about an hour. Crawled under fences looking for a good vantage point. Chopped up by prickles. Experimented with many different settings. Those birds move very fast and very erratically.

Here is my best shot and it isn't good.

Conclusion. I have much to learn and if I was to get serious about this, Some different gear would help but mainly, this is my learning curve to be climbed.

I agree with the advices already given. Fast moving animals are difficult to catch in focus.

I have some experiences with dog agility. They move fast, lost of hits and misses. Raise the ISO, fast shutterspeed and tracking the moving animal. Best results with S-AF for me. They move fast, delivering lots of hits and misses. There is one advantage with agility dogs compared to birds Dogs have to follow a prescribed course, so you can prefocus on a good place in the course. But birds follow there own way.......

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Kees

KeesSmeele's gear list:KeesSmeele's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 25mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow