* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #697 on 2021 09 01 *

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
RoelHendrickx
OP RoelHendrickx Forum Pro • Posts: 27,741
Stabilizing cameras and ubiquitous phones

Chris Oly wrote:

Excellent shot and reality is that most people have smartphones with them all the time.

Apart from an Olympus camera (E-M1) with 2 lenses (8-25mm and 40-150mm), I also had my phone with me.

Only I did not attempt, like many, to video-record the fireworks.  It may be worth it for some, but I don't really see the point.

Arter the fireworks had ended and most people had gone home, I used the railing of the Margit Bridge to make a few images as stabilizing help for some images of the Parliament building with its magnificent lighting.

The telephoto lens drew me near with the camera.  But stabilizing lens and camera was not easy without tripod (or beanbag - I should remember to bring one of those next time),  I did manage though, in order to get a ISO 200 image.

Stabilizing the iphone was easier : just put it on the railing and press down.  But it did not get me as close, so I had to go for another kind of composition in order to avoid too much empty space.

Result :

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: http://www.roelh.zenfolio.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow